2250 Hickory Road Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
Staff Accountant General Description:
The Staff Accountant will assist the Controller and the Finance team with the daily functions of the department and monthly closing process; including Journal preparation and entry, All Financial Reporting, Month-End Close, Accruals, Bank and Account Reconciliation’s and Fixed Asset Accounting and Maintenance.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Preparation and entry of weekly and monthly journal entries.
- Prepare and post weekly payroll and independent contractors
- Prepare and post weekly 401K expense & funding entries
- Prepare and post daily Miscellaneous Deposits
- Prepare and post daily postage funding
- Preparation of Bank Reconciliation’s on a monthly basis.
- Preparation & Analysis of all Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation’s on a monthly basis. Ability to research and resolve all issues in a timely manner.
- Preparation of Payroll, Payroll Tax and Accounts Payable Accruals
- Preparation of monthly Postage Analysis.
- Preparation, analysis and accrual of commissions.
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset System. Reconcile and post depreciation on a monthly basis.
- Analysis and reconciliation of select income and expense accounts (Payroll, Payroll Tax, Independent Contractor, Entertainment and Recruitment).
- Analysis of financial statements and the ability to resolve problems and issues as they present themselves. (Trend Reports, etc.).
- Assist with special project and analysis as needed.
- Weekly commission calculations for payroll
- Full cycle financial statement preparation in a multi-company environment
- Performs financial analysis as needed.
Staff Accountant Minimum Requirements:
- BS in Accounting required
- 3-5 years of experience in a corporate accounting department
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Naturally inquisitive
- Experience with MS Word and Excel. Good Excel skills are a must.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer relations/interpersonal skills
- Hard working (Roll up your sleeves)
- Team player
- Candidate must possess a working knowledge of accounting theories and practices as well as have the ability to perform a volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy.
Staff Accountant Reports to: Controller
At General Healthcare Resources, we place Registered Nurses (RN), LVN/LPNs, therapists, pharmacists, behavioral health and school-based professionals in per diem, long-term and permanent positions. We offer great pay and one of the best benefits packages in the industry, including:
- Flexible scheduling options
- Personalized service
- Health insurance
- 401(k) investment plan
- Referral bonuses
- Free liability insurance coverage
- Weekly pay
- Direct Deposit or Pay Card option